After listing Favourite 5 in the Classroom of 2007, and reading several posts about others’ favourite apps, videos, tools, resources of 2007, I thought it would be a great idea to list
5 6 things (in no particular order) to try in the 2008 classroom from others’ favourites lists. There’s some on the list that we have dabbled with before in the classroom but in 2008 I’d really like to see them being used to their full potential.
1. Animoto (seeing the potential for students creating “hooks” for other students when summarizing/reflecting on, their learning)
3. Flickr (love the potential of the visual design)
4. ToonDoo (can taste the potential for hooking in the boys)
5. PictureTrail (there’s that visual design potential again)
6. Sketchcast (imagining the potential for students to demonstrate mathematical knowledge)
What will you trying out in your classroom in 2008?
I need to say special thanks to my good friend Kim, because she contributed heavily to an “aha” moment when I realised that I’d been categorising my posts instead of tagging them. Doh! So now I will be tagging all my posts and tidying up the categories!